FUNDRAISING EVENTSMeet us at an upcoming fundraiser event:
- There are no fundraising events planned at this time. We're currently considering options for fundraising events.
PAST CDWT EVENTS
- June 8, 2019 - ALLSTATE DONORS APPRECIATION EVENT - CDWT co-hosted a
Supporters Appreciation Event with ALLSTATE INSURANCE , at the South Florida Water Management District Headquarters, 3301
Gun Club Rd, West Palm Beach, FL 33406. There was a 15 minute slideshow presentation showing results from
our projects, a meet and greet with the CDWT Board Members, a hands-on demo with our water pumps and
water filters, a guided nature walk with an Everglades biologist where we will spot birds, alligators and native
plants and fun activities for everyone. 15 people joined us for this fun event. THANK YOU to everyone who
supported our projects in 2019!
- MAY 31, 2019 - 2019 FAU/IHE Water Professionals Program - CDWT was honored to have been invited to present to the 2019 visiting delegation of students from IHE University in Delft, Netherlands. IHE is a United Nations sponsored educational program that trains future water leaders from developing countries. They are pioneers in creating a global water learning network. We will deliver a 30 minute presentation to the students on May 31 at the SFWMD headquarters, 3301 Gun CLub Rd, West Palm Beach, FL 33406
- May 6, 2019, 5:30-7:00PM - 100PALMBEACH.ORG PRESENTATION - On May 6, CDWT was invited to be 1 of 3 charities to present to 100PALMBEACH.ORG. At the end of the presentation CDWT was the top vote getter and was the recipient of $100 donations from each member of the organization. There were 15 members present and a total of 46 members in the organization. It was a very exciting evening and an honor being among people who have a passion for making the world a better place.
- December 13, 2018 - SILENT AUCTION - A one day silent auction fundraiser where we will
auction off $6,000 worth of donated items including water filters, gift baskets, unique art work, gift certificates to
local businesses and beautiful handmade items we brought back from Nepal/Cuba/Honduras/Haiti/Madagascar.
There will also be a table of international foods and baked items, a pop-up shop and a PLINKO! where you can
win prizes including an Amazon Echo or a 40" flatscreen TV. The event will be held in the lobby of SFWMD
South Florida Water Management District
3301 Gun Club Rd.
West Palm Beach, FL 33406
DONATEMake a donation and we pledge you will see results. All donations are 100% applied towards our projects. When we raise the required funds for a project we take action. Until then, we have no expenses. We can promise this because our Board Members volunteer their skills and provide all the needed administrative resources to run the organization. Our board covers the cost for all overhead costs which are mostly government registration fees, website hosting and banking fees. Your donation will go directly towards our project to help people in desperate need of clean drinking water. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit charity, all donations are tax deductible.
Send checks to:
CLEAN DRINKING WATER TEAM INC
7601 Clarke Rd
West Palm Beach, FL 33406
Our GOFUNDME campaign to raise $7,000 to purchase 30 water filters for Nepal.
Ciego de Avila, January 2019In January 2019 we will make our third visit to Cuba. We will join a group from St David's Episcopal Church, Wayne PA. and we will install three water purification systems.Read More...
2019 Project PlanningWe are currently working on projects in Honduras, Cuba and Nepal and we are considering other project requests. At this moment we are planning a project in Santiago de Cuba, Besi Kateri, Nepal and Pueblo Nuevo, Honduras. Our annual project goals is to raise $50,000 to complete these efforts.
FUNDING (INCOME GENERATING) IDEASWe welcome all opportunities and suggestions on how to fund our clean drinking water projects. If you have an idea please share it with us. If you would like to volunteer to help on one of our fundraisers, please let us know. In 2018, 66% of CDWT funding was derived from fund raising efforts, travel tours and our silent auction. It is our goal to raise 50% of our funding from donations and 50% from revenue generating activities.
The following income generating ideas are being considered for 2019:
- Houseparty/Concerts - West Palm Beach house party, band concerts. A fun time with live music, food, drinks and friends.
- Music Festival, BBQ and Brew - a full sized band concert with food and craft brew.
- Craft Beer Events - collect water from Florida lakes and rivers and brew some very special beers and ciders.
- Pop Up Shop - selling items bring back from our project locations. We have items for sale from Cuba, Haiti, Madagascar, Honduras, Philippines, and Nepal. Many of these beautiful items are locally made by the people we help.
- Water Test Kits - sell water test kits assembled by and used by CDWT.
- Partnership with ICON-LIFESAVER water filters - sell water filters, bottle, jerry cans.
- Collaborate with a home water filter installer - install home water purification systems in S.Florida, giving percentage of the profits to CDWT.